[geeklog-devel] Feature request - IP capture...

Rob Griffiths robg at macosxhints.com
Tue Jan 21 10:07:15 EST 2003

Last night, I received a somewhat threatening (in a broad way, not
specific to me) submission ... while pondering what to do with it, I
was curious how I could find out where it came from.  The only solution
I came up with was a grep through the Apache logs (thanks Jason!),
which found probably two different IPs that could have submitted the
story.  This would have been much more complex in a few days' time, as
the logs would have been rotated out...

So I'm asking if the GL dev team could consider adding "IP number" to
the captured info -- it's done on most forum sites now, and I think it
makes sense just for things like this ... also would make sense for
sites that allow anonymous comments.

Just a thought...

-rob.