[geeklog-devel] Feature request - IP capture...

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Jan 21 12:06:12 EST 2003

GL2 will do this.  Work with Dirk on getting this added to 1.3.x.  It may
take a bit of work to add this to that.

--Tony

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Rob Griffiths wrote:

> Last night, I received a somewhat threatening (in a broad way, not
> specific to me) submission ... while pondering what to do with it, I
> was curious how I could find out where it came from.  The only solution
> I came up with was a grep through the Apache logs (thanks Jason!),
> which found probably two different IPs that could have submitted the
> story.  This would have been much more complex in a few days' time, as
> the logs would have been rotated out...
>
> So I'm asking if the GL dev team could consider adding "IP number" to
> the captured info -- it's done on most forum sites now, and I think it
> makes sense just for things like this ... also would make sense for
> sites that allow anonymous comments.
>
> Just a thought...
>
> -rob.

Tony Bibbs         | "I guess you have to remember that those who don't |
tony at tonybibbs.com | hunt or fish often see those of us who do as       |
                   | harmlessly strange and sort of amusing. When you   |
                   | think about it, that might be a fair assessment."  |
                   | --Unknown                                          |