[geeklog-devel] Re: Geeklog 2 Developer

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Wed Jul 9 14:08:43 EDT 2003

Hi Marc,

Sounds good.  I'm sure your credentials are fine.   For starters, create
an account on http://project.geeklog.net.  Email me your username.  Well
start by giving you some fairly basic tasks to get you up to speed.
Right now I am working on converting the GL2 authentication &
authorization (A&A) service to use the latest PHP5 beta.  I would
encourage you to get PHP5 installed.  You'll want to ensure you compile
PHP --with-mysql --with-pgsql --with-zlib (for installing PEAR packages)
and --with-xmlrpc (we be offering an optional xmlrpc interface to A&A).

I'll probably start by having you convert the translation class over to
use PHP5.  When you get PHP5 installed and setup, join us in our IRC
room in #geeklog on irc.freenode.net.  That's where most of the
developers hang out.

--Tony