[geeklog-devel] 404.php

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Sat Jun 14 11:30:01 EDT 2003

I never really gave this much attention before but I just moved my site to a new server and was doing additional testing and used a .htaccess directive to redirect to the 404.php. I found it was reporting the bad page as 404.php.

Doing some testing, I found that if I replaced $HTTP_SERVER_VARS["REQUEST_URI"] with $HTTP_SERVER_VARS["DOCUMENT_URI"] then it worked fine.

Is this something unique with this webserver (ZEUS) or would using the DOCUMENT_URI not be a better option?

Cheers,
Blaine