[geeklog-devel] 1.3.8 to-do list

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Mar 4 08:35:49 EST 2003

LIMBURG, Mark <mark.limburg at baesystems.com> wrote:

>What sort of things are we tracking down/implementing?

This is my personal list, in no particular order:

1) Include Vincent's improvements for lib-security.php (that should be as
easy as copy&paste since it seems to work fine on several sites now,
geeklog.info included).

2) Incorporate Vincent's improvements for the RSS feeds.
This will need some work since a) I noticed one or two issues with it and
b) I'd like to include some other feature requests regarding RSS feeds
that we had, e.g. include the actual story text into the feed.

3) Move hard-coded HTML for the comments to template files
I've already done that for the commentbar (that's in CVS), but got lost
in the recursion for the actual comments ;-)

4) Integrate Static Pages 1.3
To do: Update Geeklog's install script, possibly implement feature
request #556556 (let Admin set the static page name, i.e. the id, to have
more readable URLs for static pages)

5) Add tracking of IPs to all submission queues (for anonymous posts only).
I recently had a case of an attempted spamming of one of my site's links
section with links to all kinds of porn sites where this would have come
in handy ...

6) Ability to set a default topic for submissions
It's amazing how many "announcements" are submitted on geeklog.net every
day - because that is the first topic in the list and people seem to fail
to understand that they are supposed to pick one ...

7) Config option to hide the signup option from the site
Not quite sure how to do that yet, but this is a fairly common feature
request (that's also feature request #633631 on our list).

8) Fix all bugs with a 2003 submission date (13 currently)

9) Look through the list of feature requests (65 currently) and see if
there's anything that's useful and doesn't require a near-complete rewrite ...

10) Some people offered or sent me their customisations. I need to go
through those (or get back to them) to see what's actually useful.
E.g. a modification that keeps both the original and the scaled-down
version of an image that's posted in a story and takes you to the full-
sized image when you click on the scaled version.

I probably forgot a couple of others ...

http://www.tinyweb.de/