[geeklog-devel] CVS to Release

LIMBURG, Mark mark.limburg at baesystems.com
Tue Mar 4 20:11:49 EST 2003

Howdy,

 > From: Dirk Haun [mailto:dirk at haun-online.de]

 > >I might make up a theme to get back into the swing of things :)
 >
 > What happened to those other themes you once started? I even
 > came across someone asking about your Smooth_Aqua theme the other
 > day ...

 > We've got half a dozen XSilver clones now but I'd rather see
 > one of yours see the light of the day eventually :-)

Okay, how about I focus on two things .. moving the hardcoded html into
templates, and once that's done, I can update the current suite of themes
over to the new code, and add three new themes (which I have semi done)
which are Geekqua (renamed from Smooth_Aqua to avoid Apple bitching at us),
Codex (a basic theme with the book interface I've already done), and
Smooth_CSS (which is a 100% XHTML1/CSS2(ish) theme).

The only problem I foresee if once 1.3.8 is out, it will require *ALL* third
party themes to be updated to handle the removal of the hardcoded html.  I
can release a document to the devel list on the changes, and propose a
standard of 'drop in' templates to help this process.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Mark Limburg
Team Leader, Unix Operations, Information Systems

BAE SYSTEMS, AUSTRALIA
PO Box 1068, Salisbury
South Australia,  5108
Phone: +61 8 8480 7971