[geeklog-devel] GL2 API thoughts

Chris Franklin chris_s_franklin at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 13:34:05 EST 2003

hey everyone. My name is Chris Franklin and I'm interested in helping out with geeklog - particularly GL2 development. I'm trying to see where I can fit in and add value.

It's my understanding that the next big task on the agenda is a GL2 plugin/module API.
Has there been any discussion about trying to build a php portlet API standard? It might make sense to work with postnuke, etc. to come up with a standard API based on the Java Portlet API. This article explains why the Java Portlet API came about: how each vendor of Java portal servers has their own API and how portlet developers must then modify their portlets to work with each portal server:
http://www.theserverside.com/resources/article.jsp?l=Portlet_API
Wouldn't it be cool to define a standard php portlet API so great portlets/modules/plugins like Gallery would have a standard API to write to?

-Chris