[geeklog-devel] Search update

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Mar 10 10:47:30 EST 2003

This weekend I started with a complete OO rewrite of the search page.
This comes after finally becoming disgusted with maintaining the code.
Right now I have a fairly straightforward search.class.php file that is
about 70% complete.  I'm currently having fun debugging template issues
which prevent plugins from printing the results that were found.  After
that I will tackle story searches and comment searches.  I'm hoping to
have a beta version in CVS by the end of the week.  Next week I hope to
have the full text search code implemented along with bugfixes to the
highlighting code.

While I think we all will appreciate the new code, regression testing this
will be a bit of work.  Just a heads-up.

Finally, I noticed that stories can have abbreviated or complete results
shown per a config.php option.  Shouldn't the Plugin API be updated to
account for this?  Because this is a config.php option, we may not need to
update the API but rather inform all plugin developers of the option
should they decide they want to make use of it.

--
Tony Bibbs          "I guess you have to remember that those who don't
tony at tonybibbs.com  hunt or fish often see those of us who do as