[geeklog-devel] Request: Template Class Enhancement

Mark Limburg mlimburg at iprimus.com.au
Fri Mar 21 22:58:11 EST 2003

Howdy,

> I had some time to rethink this and I think I'd be OK with *very* simple
> control structures in a templates (e.g. IF THEN).

Seriously, this is enough.  Using things like {section} (a type of
foreach loop) and the like is nice, but it's things we (as designers)
can work around.

> All I would add is that we should do our best limit it's use.  When
> possible (95% or better I would guess), we should not need this logic.
> However, if it makese sense then use it.

Seriously, I can think of maybe three cases where I *needed* this kind
of feature.

> That said, I'm still sure this will not be possible within 1.3.x unless
> there is an updated, backward compatible, version of PHPLib's template
> class with this support.

I'll look into the other template classes and see if there are any that:

  a) provide this support, and
  b) don't have any real increase in processing time

> As for GL2 I'll be looking into what PEAR has to see if this is supported.

I'm sure one of the template classes has this capability.

MWL