[geeklog-devel] Templates (again) PEAR::HTML_Template_Flexy

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Sat Mar 22 11:00:21 EST 2003

See if this HTML template package suites any of you.

http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?pacid=111

I haven't used it yet but the description is quite sexy and seems to
include everything we've been talking about.

--Tony

Mark Limburg wrote:
> Howdy,
>
>> I had some time to rethink this and I think I'd be OK with *very*
>> simple control structures in a templates (e.g. IF THEN).
>

> Seriously, this is enough.  Using things like {section} (a type of
> foreach loop) and the like is nice, but it's things we (as designers)
> can work around.
>
>> All I would add is that we should do our best limit it's use.  When
>> possible (95% or better I would guess), we should not need this
>> logic.  However, if it makese sense then use it.
>

> Seriously, I can think of maybe three cases where I *needed* this kind
> of feature.
>
>> That said, I'm still sure this will not be possible within 1.3.x
>> unless there is an updated, backward compatible, version of PHPLib's
>> template class with this support.
>

> I'll look into the other template classes and see if there are any that:
>
>  a) provide this support, and
>  b) don't have any real increase in processing time
>
>> As for GL2 I'll be looking into what PEAR has to see if this is
>> supported.
>

> I'm sure one of the template classes has this capability.
>
> MWL

|Tony Bibbs         |[R]egardless of what you may think of our penal   |
|tony at tonybibbs.com |system, the fact is that every man in jail is one |
|                   |less potential fisherman to clutter up your       |
|                   |favorite pool or pond. --Ed Zern                  |