[geeklog-devel] Kein Betreff

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri May 16 06:41:17 EDT 2003

The current edition of the German PHP Magazin features a "market survey
of 75 Content Management Systems". Effectively, that's a printed version
of the list they have on their website, <http://www.phpmag.de/cms/>.

The article points out a recent trend in CMS, which seems to be support
for WebDAV. It also goes on to say that one of the key requirements for a
modern CMS is a WYSIWYG editor.

The article then concentrates on three CMS (ezPublish, Contenido, and
Chairman), the others are simply listed with their features.

Geeklog is also on that list, since I entered it on the website some time ago.

Here's a list of the features from that survey that Geeklog does not support:

- export to static HTML
- Workflows (i.e. that you can define you own)
- "central media database", whatever that is supposed to mean
- versioning of layouts
- support for meta information
- output caching for live servers
- managing more than one project/website
- to-do lists for authors and administrators
- WYSIWYG editor
- XML import and export
- exporting articles to PDF
- scripting language for templates
- connecting to existing systems, e.g. ERP, CRM
- ability to define keywords for articles
- automatic generation of overview pages(?)
- automatic generation of graphics
- user tracking
- support for server clustering
- tracking of author/editor activity
- re-use of articles in the system
- auto-checking for links

PHP Magazin uses a more strict definition of the word CMS, which explains
some of those features (with others I'm simply not sure what they're
supposed to mean). Btw, PHP-Nuke and PostNuke are not on the list, but
openPHPnuke is.

Food for thought ...

http://www.haun.info/