[geeklog-devel] Advanced Search - showing links

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Nov 15 12:07:19 EST 2003

Blaine,

>Although it may not be a bug, it is annoying that Advanced Search by Author
>returns all the link results.

Actually, it has been filed as a bug:

<http://project.geeklog.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=87&group_id=6&atid=105>

And I agree that it's annoying.

>What do you think about fixing this for 1.3.9
>- Do we just not show the links if doing a search by author
>- Modify the logic and table to record the UID. Default being root for any
>existing link records.

Would you volunteer to make those changes?

Either solution is fine with me. Actually, when the link submission queue
is "off", it already tracks the uid of the submitter (i.e. the owner_id
is set to the uid of the submitter).

http://www.macosx-faq.de/