[geeklog-devel] New Plugin Wish

Tom Willett tomw at pigstye.net
Thu Oct 30 08:41:26 EST 2003

I just ran across an issue that it would be nice for Geeklog 2 to address.
Tony I imagine that this should be taken in to account in session
management.

It would be nice to have a simple way to pass state information.  HTTP being
a stateless protocol we have to resort to either cookies or passing
everything as post or get variables or some such mechanism.  I am against
plugins/addons adding extra cookies and from a security and aesthetic
standpoint do not like to use get variables unless necessary.  Plugins can
do this on their own by using the database for a scratch area, but this then
requires another database access for each plugin.

Just a thought that if implemented could make programming plugins easier and
more secure.

--
Tom Willett
tomw at pigstye.net