[geeklog-devel] GL2 event model

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Sun Aug 1 10:42:38 EDT 2004

I like this idea of a priority field for the event model. As Vinny noted, a
2nd level of privilege for core functions is also needed. We have the issue
now in GL1.3 where we scan the plugins to see if functions are present and
it's in order of installation. So if 3 plugins have a centerblock, you have
no way of changing the order.

I don't know if thats a good example of usage for this field - I don't think
it is so there may be another field used to control this.

Do we need to have classes of plugins or modules as well.
  - Core
  - Service Providers  (Messenging, Formatting)
  - Interface Related
  - Misc

Just wondering if this classification would be useful.

Blaine