[geeklog-devel] PHP Sessions and PEAR Class

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Tue Aug 3 20:41:57 EDT 2004

We had a IRC discussion today and have agreed to add support for PHP SESSIONS into GL 1.3.10 (current CVS)

As sugggested, I am looking at using PEAR class HTTP_Sessions v0.4 and have a few questions for the group.

I've just reviewed the CLASS code and have these questions and observations

1) There will likely be a need to add a few new $_CONF options, specifically:
- Mode:  Option to use DB or Session files
- Session_name: Default
- Expiretime: Time for session to be active
- Idletime: Possibly needed

2: What is the difference between Expire Time and Idle Time ?

3. What are the function methods for localVariables used for - what beneft ?
   ->setLocal(), ->getLocal(), ->localName()

4. I am thinking the only time we need to use session_destroy is upon logout.

Blaine