[geeklog-devel] Zend Editor

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Aug 17 11:00:17 EDT 2004

I've tried, in vain, to get free professional edition copies of Zend
Studio.  The best they could offer was the academic discount of 25%
off.   That takes the $250 price tag down to $187.  For what it is
worth, my full trial version expired today and a few features got
disabled.  To my amazement, however, the debugger still works which...by
itself is worth gold.

That being said, I'd really encourage those who haven't tried it to give
it a try.  I've dumped my ActiveState license for Zend and I would have
done so even if my employer wasn't buying us some licenses.  The
features that I have noticed that have been disabled is CVS integration
and the introspection stuff which is handy but not terribly useful, IMHO.

Anyway, let me know if anybody wants the full blown version at that price.