[geeklog-devel] Framework

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Fri Dec 10 22:30:58 EST 2004

Tony,

Well, I after more then an hour I still don't have it running. Been tracking
down the source of multiple path related issues and there appears to be no
end.

I can't get the include path in php.ini to work and had to edit paths in the
files.
[edit] source to this is noted at end of this message

- Install propel and that required the PEAR Log class.
- Install PEAR flexy

But I've been editing some dozen files in the archive you sent for the app
as expected paths are not working and I just restored it as is.
Still more changes need - example:

Warning: main(HuntingLog/om/BaseHlUser.php) [function.main]: failed to open
stream: No such file or directory in
g:\www2root\HuntingLog\system\Propel\HuntingLog\HlUser.php on line 2

Line 2 is:
require_once 'HuntingLog/om/BaseHlUser.php';

The H1User.php is in the HuntingLog/system/Propel/HuntingLog folder and the
om folder is below this.
So not sure why the include has the HuntingLog directory

I made a bunch of changes prior to this as well - I was just trying to make
it work.
Example:

Index.php - line 4:
The includes.php is not in the pubic_html folder.

Fix that and then line 5 has an error.

I did this as noted for about a dozen files and I'm still not done.

I set $hlConf['path'] and  $hlConf['site_url']

So what did I do wrong or is wrong ?

BTW: This is what was messing up my php.ini setting for the includes
setting:
The line at the end of the config.php to set the include_path - should that
not be with a ; instead of a :
ini_set('include_path', ini_get('include_path') .
";{$hlConf['path']}:{$hlConf['path_system']}");

Blaine