[geeklog-devel] Filtering in GL2

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Mon Dec 13 21:44:21 EST 2004

Tony wrote:
> Here I assume you mean the stuff the kses filter does along with stripping
> of unwanted HTML, right?

Correct. Today we have a number of format related functions:
    COM_killJS,
    COM_checkHTML,
    COM_handleCode,
    COM_undoSpecialChars,
    COM_formatEmail,
    COM_stripslashes,
    COM_applyFilter,
    COM_makeClickableLinks,
    COM_highlightQuery,
    COM_santizeID

I think I got them all

There are also:
   COM_buildURL,
   COM_setArgNames,
   COM_getArgument

In addition, there is much more code inside the app that is adding or
stripping.
These have been added over time to address common needs but a major task to
replace and consolidate the core GL 1.3 codebase.

Still, it would be good to create a new OO based class and start to use it
and slowing migrate scripts.
The 1.3.x platform and plugins could be used to test such a new common
class.

I'd like to get more input but would be willing to take the lead on
developing this.