[geeklog-devel] Filtering in GL2

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Dec 13 19:29:42 EST 2004

Blaine Lang wrote:

>Dirk and I have talked on and off about the need for a OO class that would
>be more flexible and consistent.
>Also we need to be able to pass an array of parms so that we don't have to
>make 10 function calls at times with larger forms for example.
>
>This class needs to have all the common dataoperations
>- filter

Here I assume you mean the stuff the kses filter does along with
stripping of unwanted HTML, right?

>- prepfordisplay - handles stripslashes and html entities
>- prepforSave  - handles quotes

Quote handling in GL2 should be transparent to the developer.   Recall
that all custom SQL goes into a named query file and that the SQL that
goes in there should use prepared SQL as opposed to the kind of SQL
found in 1.3.x.  Similarly, Propel handles the retrieval of the data
into objects so that should be transparent as well.

>- prepforOS -- handles directory path delimiters for example.

What else is done here beside path delimiters?

>- censor

Sounds good.  Anyone want to take a stab at defining the function
prototypes of the oo-based class?  I'm not sure of all the things we are
talking about here.