[geeklog-devel] Blocks in GL2 as Plugin?

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Thu Dec 16 01:18:12 EST 2004

I may be out of sync but let me ask these questions:

Will the core not have a fundamental underlying layout control facility for
formatting common site components ?

Does there not need to be some core component or set of operations that
control the site layout?
 - header, footer, blocks which are the basic building blocks of the site.

Plugin's essentially today call and need to call the common functions to
wrap the site layout around their content.

You may be referring to the Block Editor and for that I think we need to
explore what the ideal set of features need to be.
It may be a replaceable component but the underlying table structure to
support a basic editor or advanced editor need to be in place.
If we agree that blocks are the basic building blocks of the site content we
can explore what additional attributes are needed.

Are blocks just an item in GL2 or do they need to be identified and stand on
their own ?

Blaine