[geeklog-devel] Geeklog-2 CVS, To-do list

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Sat Dec 18 02:14:44 EST 2004

Ok, views/BaseViewFlexy.php needs a good looking over.  Also, I added
Geeklog_LoginView.php and set it as the default view in mvcconfig.xml.
Note that I am including the namespace Geeklog_ in the file name (and
class name for that matter).  I think we have to do that to avoid having
the kernel conflicting with plugins (and plugins amoungst themselves)

All this is going to be fluid for the foreseeable future but at least we
are moving in the right direction.

Finally, I have updated the database model and rebuilt the Propel domain
objects and have those in CVS as well.  Haven't used any of the classes yet.

Vinny, I did blow away the old geeklog-2 directory in CVS but I did do a
tarball backup of the old stuff if you needed something.

Note on themes.  /path/to/geeklog/themes is where all themefiles will
go.  These will no include plugin specific templates.  Geeklog-2 will
ship with a single theme 'default' which I have already stubbed out.

Here's the to-do list, short term:

1) BaseViewFlexy needs the translation stuff ironed out
2) Data model needs Dwights attention regarding the count fields (i.e.
gl2_user.num_views) so we can make a final decision and get those
changes in the data model.
3) Geeklog_LoginCommand.php needs to be implemented.  This should log a
user in, get the user object from the database (including privileges)
and serialize it to the session.
4) BaseViewFlexyUser.php needs to be updated to correctly deserialize
the user object from the session.  If the user object doesn't exist it
should forward on to the Login page.  Otherwise it should forward on
to...well that's the million dollar question.  Given we have the concept
of plugins for everything, we probably need to allow the user to specify
the default one to use for the homepage, no?
5) We need the filtering class defined.  I know Blaine volunteered
originally...can you still do it?
6) Plugin API needs to have dependency checking added to it
7) Event Manager needs to be implemented.

Feel free to volunteer for any of these.  Vinny, you and I can jointly
work on #1.  I can also tackle #3.

Let me know if anybody objects with any of this.