[geeklog-devel] Controls in GL2

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Dec 21 14:33:16 EST 2004

As you are all aware, there are a number of controls that could be used
for various things.  For example, for a date form field you could have a
simple text field, or a series of drop downs (one for month, day and
year) or something more complicated like a dropdown calendar.

There are probably a number of different various of types of controls
that could be used for all the different types of data that Geeklog
plugins will use.  We should allow for those to be customized with
little to no hassle, no?

Only reason I am asking is I think we may want to consider having a
control factory that does this work for us.  It would, upon request,
take requests for a specific control, create it, set the default data
and return the corresponding HTML and/or Javascript (/me cringes).  The
idea is we'd simply have a folder where GL2 admins could drop new or
custom controls, change a template or two and have it working.

...or am I over complicated things.