[geeklog-devel] Controls in GL2

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Tue Dec 21 15:10:30 EST 2004

Tony,

I personally am using more JS all the time for form validation and if GL2 is
going to be positioned for corporate use as well then JS support is more
then likely well supported in their browsers. We can also look to consider
looking at IE7 https://sourceforge.net/projects/ie7/

I like the idea of having re-usable functions for generating listboxes for
example. There is always a lot of common code to generate the HTML for the
list.
Date fields as well with a drop down calendar are nice - I use that often
now.

The other idea is to implement PEAR::HTML_QuickForm.

We would just need to allow developers to fully extend the elements easily.

Blaine