[geeklog-devel] Globals in GL2

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Dec 21 16:30:42 EST 2004

Today I have a config file similar to the 1.3.x one.  All values get
loaded into an array, $glConf.  Now, OO purists would say that you
should never have to use global variables in your objects...instead you
should pass them along in either the constructor or in via the method
call (which ever makes sense).

So my question is, are we purists or not?  I've got some code that uses
"global $glConf;" and some that doesn't.  Just want to make sure we
don't have any violent reaction to this.