[geeklog-devel] 1.3.9rc1 is nearing ...

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Sun Feb 15 01:33:37 EST 2004

Sounds good -- Any idea when CVS will be back online?

* Update on Story Archive Mgmt *
I have completed the modifications to support Archive Mgmt of stories and
have someone else testing it now. I only needed to add one field to the
story table. There already is a statuscode field that was not being used.

You have 2 options now to expire a story
  1) Delete upon Expiry or
  2) Archive upon Expiry

You need to create a topic that you will use to hold the expired topics and
set it up using a new $_CONF parm:
 // Topic ID (tid) that Auto-Archived topics will be moved to at  their
expire date
 $_CONF['archivetopic'] = 'archive';

You would normally restrict permissions to only story.admin so these stories
and topic will not be accessible.

I also modified COM_article to use a new set of templates so that if you do
want these stories accessible to your members, the template would indicate
they are older stories.

I have not added the logic to disable new comments but that should not be
hard.

Effected files:
 index.php
 lib-common