[geeklog-devel] Spam to members of lists

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Feb 20 13:45:53 EST 2004

Vinny wrote:

>Note that the SPAMers could have gotten his email by scouring the
>archive.  Some people do a reply-to that includes something like:
>
>	joe at some.email.com said:

I found the two posts by Drago. Tony responded to both of them, but
without quoting his email address. There were no other replies. A search
for Drago's email address (in my local mail database) only returns his
own posts. So that's not the way the address got out.

Of course, everyone else on the list has his email address on their PC as
well and if they caught a virus, for example, it's possible that the
address got out that way (e.g. used as a fake return address).

>Maybe there is a way to
>filter email addresses out of the body of messages before they posted to
>the archive?

That would still be a good idea.

http://geeklog.info/