[geeklog-devel] Feature Idea...

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Thu Jan 8 09:57:44 EST 2004

OK, Iowa Outdoors is reaching critical mass. It is to the point where it
consume a lot of my personal time outside of work, working on GL,
spending time with the family and, of course, hunting and fishing.

My biggest problem now is managing submissions.  I get some submissions
multiple times and I also get emails asking my "why didn't my submission
show up" despite the hints submit.php gives and the entries in the FAQ.

What I am proposing is that users be able to see items they have
submitted while still in the queue.  Complimenting this I'd like to see
a generic email sent out when submission are deleted and if you are in
an editor when you do the delete (as opposed to moderation.php) I'd like
to be able to select a delete reason from a pre-determined list or be
able to hand enter a custom reason.

I'll add this to the feature request on the project site but I wanted to
bring this up for discussion.  Thoughts or ideas?