[geeklog-devel] New block on geeklog.net

Chris Franklin chris_s_franklin at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 22:33:09 EST 2004

Blaine -
Doesn't geeklog have a page caching mechanism?
This can be implemented many different ways but a simple way (to avoid using
cron tabs) would be to store the uri, cached uri, and validUntil timestamp.
Then have a component/object/function/whatever that you ask for the page. If
the cached version is valid, it passes that back, if not, it requests the
dynamic page and stores it (overwriting the cached page), then returns the
cached page uri.
I've implemented page caching on multiple sites for site-global data that
doesn't need to be real-time - it's quite easy and performance gains are
huge.
Regards,
-C