[geeklog-devel] 1.3.10 to do list

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 13:00:55 EDT 2004

I've just started work on the comment bar.  I still need to work on
design and dig a bit into the code before I know how much work it will
take.  This is a pretty low priority, and only important from an
ascetics perspective when viewing comments from comment.php.  I would
not cry if this got pushed off to a later release.

Here is a list of things that we had discussed or I made up (some
going back pretty far) as things to consider for 1.3.10:
* Improve search engine speed
* Improve general performance (read: reduce page generation time)
* Clean up usage of $_GROUPS, $_RIGHTS
   - basically these aren't' being used consistently, I have an idea
to clean this up, but at this point it should probably be pushed back
to the next release.
* Replace use of $topicsql with COM_getTopicSQL (a new function by Dirk)
   - Many places in geekog generate "topic sql" for topic permissions.
 From a maintainability perspective using Dirk's function is much
better.  Again, this can (and probably should) be pushed off a release
* Fix the comment bar
   - In work, see note above

Also, if people could spend some time testing the new comment system
to make sure there aren't any bugs.  Also, test the upload script and
make sure it doesn't take a ridiculous amount of time.

Also, if anyone can install 1.3.9 and the current cvs side by side and
do some performance comparisons it would be appreciated.  I'm curious
as to how big a performance difference some of the optimizations I
made (quite a while ago now) has caused.

I think that's it for me,
Vinny