[geeklog-devel] PDF feature....

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Jun 8 16:23:48 EDT 2004

Dirk Haun wrote:

>Tony,
>
>got the PDF code working, but haven't really played much with it yet. A
>couple of observations nonetheless:

<grin>Good</grin>

>This seems to be _en_abled by default in the config.php in CVS:
>
>$_CONF['use_html_tidy'] = 1;

K, I'll have to fix that.  I'm sure my comments say otherwise

>9pt is a bit small for the default - I'd suggest making that 10pt.

Consider it changed

>Speaking of Windows: is_executable() is not available on Windows. We had
>the same problem with mysqldump in admin/database.php.
>
>Workaround:
>
>  if (function_exists ('is_executable')) {
>      $is_exec = is_executable ('htmldoc');
>  } else {
>      $is_exec = file_exists ('htmldoc');
>  }

Duly noted.  I'll updated accordingly.  Obviously I've been out-of-touch
with CVS being I don't even recall is_executable being a problem

>Also, according to its documentation, htmldoc only understands HTML 3.2
>(and most of 4.0) - so why the XHTML?

Hrm, good point.  I'll verify it again and change if that is right.

>The PDF option should also be listed in the Story Options block (article.php).

Good catch, forgot about it

>The "pdfs" directory is not in CVS. If you create it, put some dummy file
>in it (a README or something), please, or it may not make it into the
>release tarballs.

Yeah, I have the directory and a README already, just forgot to add it
it CVS

>Can anyone confirm that we can freely use the PDF logo? I couldn't find
>anything on Adobe's site, but then again I didn't try too hard ...

Dunno, I made that logo myself with GIMP.  I see similar looking logos
(albeit prettier) on that icon site you sent me some time ago (the one
with GPL icons).  I bet we are OK here but, of course, IANAL.