[geeklog-devel] Documentation

Tom Willett tomw at pigstye.net
Tue Jun 29 10:00:57 EDT 2004

Ok, its been discussed enough and nothing has been done, so I am going to
kickstart the Geeklog Documentation Effort.  I have up MediaWiki on my
webserver and transfered most of the Plugin Developers Handbook to it.  I
never understood all the talk about wikis -- this one allows easy insertion
of images stored on the server and adequate markup.  I mean its not MSWord
but its usable.

Before I solicit other participation, hopefully a consolidation of all the
documentation efforts, I was wondering if Tony wanted to host it one the
Geeklog server.

By the way, they do a neat trick on install.  You are asked for mysql
database name, user, password and optionally the root password.  If you
supply the root password it will make the database, tables and user with
correct permissions for you.

Install and transfering most of the Plugin Developers Handbook took about 1
hour.

Unless I hear from Tony that he wants to host it or some objection, I will
solicit submissions and announce it soon.

--
Tom Willett
tomw at pigstye.net