[geeklog-devel] Back on track

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Sun Nov 14 17:27:29 EST 2004

Dirk,

Looking good :)

The only thing that I see was when I was adding the feature for a plugin to
have control to display a block (now installed on geeklog.net) like the when
on a forum page to show a forum menu block: I needed a way to get a list of
blocks for this user and their order - then I add the forum block at the
top - and call the custom_showblocks function that is part of 1.3.10.

100% of the needed code is in COM_showBlocks but this function also calls
COM_formatBlock. I need to append to the list of blocks to display. A
suggestion would be to change that to a function called COM_getUserBlocks
and then call COM_formatBlock for each one of these blocks.

COM_showBlocks is only called in 3 places in lib-common so it should not
effect any other code.

Also if we did this then we would not need custom_showBlocks.

COM_getUserBlocks  - returns an array of blocks to display for the user.
COM_showBlocks - would then accept an array of blocknames
  - Retrieve the record details for each
  - Call COM_formatBlock

Blaine