[geeklog-devel] [Fwd: further span in comments & problem with security listserv signup]

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Oct 5 13:02:34 EDT 2004

Michael,

>Apparently the spammers are back ... I had new incidents on September
>25 and Oct 4th  using 1.3.9-sr1, with anonymous access disabled.

Were those comments anonymous? If the spammers got into the trouble of
actually registering an account, they could, of course, post as they like
since that is, after all, the whole idea behind the comment option.

In that case, I would suggest installing the SpamX plugin.

>I am using email because I tried to sign up with the security listserv
>and got an 'internal error' message.

You can't subscribe to the geeklog-security list, but you simply can post
to the list address.

>The site, btw, is sasci.anthrosciences.org.

It seems to allow anonymous posting anyway. Is that on purpose?

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/