[geeklog-devel] State of the Na^Wproject

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Sat Oct 30 18:55:23 EDT 2004

Dirk wrote:
> Actually, I've been thinking if it was a good idea to do the parsing for
> links at display time.

I agree that we should store the links or autotags as their pseudocode tag
as it will allow us to control the formatting and conversion as needed.
It also mean we can display the autotag or bbtag in it's [native] format
when editing if we want.

I have the same issue with smilies - I should have left them as [bbcode].
There is a need here for a common API to handle how we add/edit/display or
parse these tags.

Blaine