[geeklog-devel] Goodbye "SpamX" then?

Tom Willett tomw at pigstye.net
Tue Apr 5 17:45:58 EDT 2005

On 4/5/2005 4:01 PM, Tony Bibbs wrote:

> Blah, still my other points still stand.  The guy is an idiot.
>
> --Tony
>
> Dirk Haun wrote:
>
>> Tony Bibbs wrote:
>>

>>> I would point out Justin's email about prior work (though he's
>>> right...it holds no water)
>>>

>> Won't help. The USPTO entry claims first use in commerce as of 2003-10-
>> 03. The SpamX plugin was released 2004-06-14.
>>
>> bye, Dirk

What about http://www.spamx.com looks like another spamx that is nearly
identical to the hendrickson release.  Written in Java  Registered on
12-24-00.

Also http://freshmeat.net/projects/spamx/  which started Sep 30, 2002

Both of which appear to be open source or free.

I should be flattered that the name I choose is so popular.

Maybe I should trademark pigstye and my little pig, since domain
speculators have purchased pigstye.com, thepigstye.net and
thepigstye.com and have them parked.  (The speculator tried to sell me
pigstye.com a while back.)  Then I could demand they give me the
domains, because they infringe on my trademark.

--

Tom Willett
tomw at pigstye.net