[geeklog-devel] Re: Theme for GL2 engine

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Wed Apr 6 16:22:18 EDT 2005

Because we are using an entirely new template engine, you can be
gauranteed that none of the existing 1.3.x themes will work under 2.x. I
think that should probably answer all the questions you gave me
(indirectly so).

To the extent possible, however, we will migrate as much data over from
the existing core plugins but the UI part of GL2 will be entirely. When
I say core plugins I am referring to staticpages and spamx as well as
the non-plugin features in 1.3.x that will become plugins in GL2 (links,
stories, blocks, etc). All other plugins will need to have a migration
path provided by the current maintainer of that plugin.

--Tony