[geeklog-devel] Proposal for Plugin API extension

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Feb 11 12:49:55 EST 2005

Tony,

>1) plugins should be able to include themselves in the nightly digest.

A good idea in theory. However, the daily digest is already timing out
for a lot of people (because of script limits on shared hosting) and
adding more stuff to it would make it fail more often for those users.

I wrote up this task on the issue:
<http://project.geeklog.net/pm/task.php?
func=detailtask&project_task_id=20&group_id=6&group_project_id=10>

>2) a way for a plugin to prevent a specific user from being able to
>receive the digest because of being banned.

This sounds backward to me. Instead, we should properly implement banning
finally (this was also briefly mentioned in the discussions about remote
login over in geeklog-devtalk). Which means that all built-in
functionality, including the daily digest, would know about banned users
and not service them

http://mypod.de/