[geeklog-devel] Proposal for Plugin API extension

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Fri Feb 11 10:30:00 EST 2005

I have a custom way of banning users.  I simply have an array of user
ID's in my config file and if a user is in there I give them a 'your are
banned' message.  Unfortunately, the nightly digest of topics doesn't
know anything about my dirty little hack.  This got me to thinking we
need an plugin API change for the following:

1) plugins should be able to include themselves in the nightly digest.
I think controlling whether a plugin is allowed to do this by the site
admin should be done in it's own config file or, better yet, the plugin
admin page.
2) a way for a plugin to prevent a specific user from being able to
receive the digest because of being banned.

I'm not saying this is how it should be but merely making suggestions.
I'd like to open this up for discussion and decision so that I can
implement this for us all (assuming we agree there is a need)...I really
need this.