[geeklog-devel] Spam, spam, bacon, eggs, and spam

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Feb 16 15:55:36 EST 2005

Tom,

well, looks like the poker spammer is back (after a couple of quite days)
- I got a bunch of trackback spams on geeklog.info about an hour ago
(only 2 made it through, thoug). Which reminded me of this:

>Blacklist.Examine.class.php
>Change line 44 from
>if (preg_match("#$val#", $comment)) {
>if (preg_match("#$val#", html_entity_decode($comment))) {

FYI: html_entity_decode is only available as of PHP 4.3.0.

But it looks like it's also available through the PHP_Compat package
which we already ship with Geeklog 1.3.11, so it should be possible to
use it. Just needs a few extra lines of code.

http://www.handful-of-sparks.de/