[geeklog-devel] Spam, spam, bacon, eggs, and spam

Tom Willett tomw at pigstye.net
Wed Feb 16 16:11:10 EST 2005

On 2/16/2005 3:55 PM, Dirk Haun wrote:

>Tom,
>
>well, looks like the poker spammer is back (after a couple of quite days)
>- I got a bunch of trackback spams on geeklog.info about an hour ago
>(only 2 made it through, thoug). Which reminded me of this:
>

>>Blacklist.Examine.class.php
>>Change line 44 from
>>if (preg_match("#$val#", $comment)) {
>>if (preg_match("#$val#", html_entity_decode($comment))) {
>>

>FYI: html_entity_decode is only available as of PHP 4.3.0.
>
>But it looks like it's also available through the PHP_Compat package
>which we already ship with Geeklog 1.3.11, so it should be possible to
>use it. Just needs a few extra lines of code.
>
>bye, Dirk

Yes didn't pay attention to the version availability.

I think we need to figure out some spam that just eliminates the stupid
people who respond to it.  We could clean out the gene pool and
eliminate the spam problem all at once.

Oh wait.  My oldest son who is brilliant I might add (a microbiologist),
has gotten hooked on internet gambling, he has probably been to some of
our spammers sites.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

--

Tom Willett
tomw at pigstye.net