[geeklog-devel] GL2 and site relationships

Simon Lord slord at marelina.com
Wed Jan 5 13:06:36 EST 2005

My current solution to this is to assign each dept as a GROUP.  That
way each dept only sees stories/links etc meant for them.  It's not
perfect, but it would be if a new *kind* of group object were created
to categorize content into a meta-group.  This would allow us to assign
the *meta-group* tag to users who would automatically only be able to
read and post to their meta-group.

Some depts, such as the Documentation dept, would need to have
permissions to search more than just within their own meta-group in
order to gain access to information to author proper documentation.  So
a means to allow a user/or group access to more than one meta-group
would be cool.

Is that complex?  I think it would work swimingly across sites as well
seeing as how users are tagged with a specific meta-group depending on
where they sign in/sign up and thus only see data pertaining to that
meta-group.