[geeklog-devel] GL2 and site relationships

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Jan 5 14:22:56 EST 2005

Vinny wrote:

>I know one requested thing not currently supported  in 1.3.x is to use
>a single GL installation to run multiple sites with independent
>databases

There's a hack for this in the FAQ, but it's not officially supported, yes.

>Are you talking independent sites sharing the same tables?  I don't
>think that would be a good idea.

A few people wanted to share their user base across several sites, so
that users only had to register with one site, but get access to several
sites at once.

This should also work in 1.3.x, in theory, if you change lib-database.php
such that all user-related tables exist only once (e.g. without a prefix,
while the other tables keep their prefix).

There's a forum thread on gl.net somewhere where I suggested to try this
to someone who was willing to experiment. Haven't had a definitive
answer, though.

Anyway, what I was trying to say is that there seems to be demand for
both approaches.

http://www.tinyweb.de/