[geeklog-devel] Deleting comments

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Jan 19 16:52:02 EST 2005

Since Geeklog 1.3.10, deleting comments isn't done with a simple
DB_delete call any more - the relation with other comments on the same
"comment tree" has to be fixed as well. Geeklog does that for comments on
stories and polls, but not for comments in plugins (most prominent
example: File Management plugin, but there are others).

So I guess what we need is a function that deletes a comment properly and
give plugins a way to access it.

Just the other day, I was actually thinking about moving all the comment-
related functions from lib-common.php[1] into their own lib-comment.php
file. If we add a COM_deleteComment function to that, plugins could
simply include that file and delete comments properly.

The other option would be to change the PLG_handlePluginComment(...,
'delete') call yet again and only make it indicate if it's okay to delete
the comment, but let Geeklog do the actual deletion.

Vinny? Blaine?

bye, Dirk

[1] which amount for almost 10% of the code in lib-common.php, btw

http://www.tinyweb.de/