[geeklog-devel] Deleting comments

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Thu Jan 20 14:03:06 EST 2005

Dirk, actually, in the stubbed out functions I would put the require_once:

function COM_deleteComment()
{
    require_once '/path/to/lib-comment.php';
    CMT_deleteComment();
}

Gets around the issue of including code that probably won't be used and
it provides the backwards compatibility.  Note that making this elegant
isn't a big deal as that the whole notion of deprecating the
COM_*Comment functions is that those functions will eventually go bye-bye.

Also, worth noting is that you shouldn't call require_once after you do
a function_exists.  The overhead to check for the function is made up
automatically by simply calling require_once.

--Tony