[geeklog-devel] GL2 Update

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Jan 24 14:20:35 EST 2005

Dirk Haun wrote:

>Don't be too sure of that ;-)

Well, when compared to, say, the article plugin ;-)

>There are sooo many things that the links
>plugin should be able to do. Off the top of my head:
>
>- sub categories

Check, handled by item generalization

>- notify submitter when link has been accepted / rejected

This should actually be a kernel level thing (i.e. have centralized code
that handle notifications when items are approved, disapproved

>- disable (hide) links, e.g. to review them or wait for the site to come
>back up

Makes sense.

>- "report link to admin" option

This for broken links, I assume?

>- use / don't use click counter (portal.php) - a global option should do

Yeah, good idea.

>- rating

This will either be done by the kernel or a plugin.  I think we left it
at a plugin would handle raitings but I can't remember (vinny)?

>(- proper ownership, although that is a 1.3 problem)

Check, handled by item generalization

>Also check out the existing feature requests for 1.3.

Will do.