[geeklog-devel] GL2 Update

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Jan 24 13:50:06 EST 2005

Tony,

>I'll probably go ahead and create geeklog2-devel later
>this week if I don't hear anything.

Probably makes sense to have it public (as opposed to semi-closed like
this list), so that people interested in GL2 development can join easily.

>In the meantime, Kevin Vidomski is going to start the links plugin.  We
>figured that would be a good one since it is relatively trivial.

Don't be too sure of that ;-) There are sooo many things that the links
plugin should be able to do. Off the top of my head:

- sub categories
- notify submitter when link has been accepted / rejected
- disable (hide) links, e.g. to review them or wait for the site to come
back up
- "report link to admin" option
- use / don't use click counter (portal.php) - a global option should do
- rating
(- proper ownership, although that is a 1.3 problem)

Also check out the existing feature requests for 1.3.

http://mypod.de/