[geeklog-devel] Editor for Gl2 Content Plugin

Blaine Lang devel at portalparts.com
Thu Aug 2 15:28:34 EDT 2007

Hi Damien,

I spent a number of months trying various editors and watching their
projects before settling on FCKeditor and implementing it for GL. I may
be a bit biased but I've used it now for multiple other projects and
have only had good experience including developing plugins for it like
Mark Evans has recently.

In just the past month YUI has released their editor as well Jack has
released one for the JS EXT library this week. For a basic inline text
editor or a full blown CMS solution, I still think FCKeditor is hard to
beat. Fred is very active and we have contributed in the past to this
project which he then replies personally with great support.

If you choose option 4 - you may just have to develop extra JS libraries
to initialize and possibly extend it like we have in GL 1.4 where you
can switch modes online and flip to a basic textarea if you want. The
FCKeditor API is pretty flexible as this shows.

Cheers,
Blaine