[geeklog-devel] Editor for Gl2 Content Plugin

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Fri Aug 3 10:53:50 EDT 2007

I know one of Damien's issues with FCKEditor is that it's a bit "big" hence the TinyMCE suggestion.  In my opinion most sane browsers cache JS so I'm not terribly concerned.  Like Vinny said, I think it would make a ton of sense to make the editor configurable by providing a simple API each editor would implement for the various hooks.

On the backside of all this is the issue of input filtering.  I'd be curious if anybody has used the built-in filtering stuff recently introduced into PHP.

FWIW, Damien's done a great job and we may be able to do a first alpha release at the end of the GSoC period.

--Tony