[geeklog-devel] About the "internal" and Webservices APIs

Oliver Spiesshofer oliver at spiesshofer.com
Fri Aug 10 21:40:51 EDT 2007

Dirk,

this all sounds very exciting, I have been wanting something like this
for quite a while.
It reminds me of a feature request for stories I did once where I asked
if we could not have templates saved for special purposes.

This sounds like another application of templates. Of course, one could
save the HTML as a textfile somewhere, but a template would be better.
And of course, someone could go to the last story that looked the way it
is supposed to look, but then you have to search which is annoying.
And all the permissions etc would not be saved.

1. stories: A lot of pages have recurring topics, articles about the
same thing. If those articles looked similar, it would be easier if one
could have the HTML of the article handy.
2. Calendar: Recurring events with a html structure that lists the even
details
etc etc there is so much where this could help.

We would not even need another table for it, just a flag in the table
which tells what is a template and exclude them from appearing online
(like the draft-flag) and list them separately.
There could also then be a special template for the web-api.

Oliver