[geeklog-devel] Upgrading from 1.4.1 to 1.5

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Sun Dec 30 14:21:05 EST 2007

At 12:50 PM 12/30/2007, Dirk Haun wrote:
>Joe Mucchiello wrote:
>
> >Not only are there still 1.4.2 references in the code
>
>I have just made the necessary changes in CVS (in the install script and
>the 2 SQL update files).
>
>Btw, I have strong suspicion that the MS SQL update won't work. From
>what I learned recently, MS SQL doesn't have a DESCRIBE statement, so
>all that code trying to figure out the current version of the database
>won't work there.

mssql.class.php handles that:

     //swaps out the propriatary DESC function in mysql and replaces
it with our UDF version
     function changeDESCRIBE($sql){

But I'm sure there are far subtler incompatibilities in other places.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com